Saturday, November 22, 2014

Quick Update

I just wanted to post a quick update to let you all know that we're doing okay. It's been exactly a month - some days it feels like it was yesterday and others it feels like it's been at least 6 months. It's weird. We are staying busy. If ever there is a good time for something awful to happen, it's the holidays. We went to Athens this past weekend and had a fun time with the Martins as always. We're preparing for Thanksgiving holidays and lots of fun with our families. We're getting ready for the Christmas holidays. We're going skiing with the Martins over New Year's. So much to look forward to and SO much to keep us busy and preoccupied.

Speaking of things to keep me busy, I accepted a job. As you probably know I haven't worked since leaving AutoTrader. However, an opportunity came along thanks to my old boss at AutoTrader turned bestie Melissa. AutoTrader.com's parent company is Cox Enterprises and, long story short, they needed a new Executive Editor for their quarterly printed publication, Inside Cox. At AutoTrader, one of my responsibilities was Editor of its monthly publication, so this was a natural fit. Melissa put me up for it and I can't be more grateful to her for thinking of me and, knowing her, pushing them to hire me! I had a phone interview, and then when I met her Thursday for my 'happy hour interview' the second I got there she told me the job was mine if I wanted it, so that was nice. They're expecting it to be about 50 hours per month and ALL working from home, so I can work on it while B is at Mother's Morning Out, during her naps and/or a bit in the evenings or weekends if needed - we'll see. I'm really excited about this opportunity. Had she reached out one week earlier I would have regretfully declined, but the timing made it seem like it was meant to be and it won't take away from my care of Beckett so it's such a win-win.

Lastly, we picked out a tree in memory of Owen. We went to the nursery searching for a dogwood, but found this beautiful bloodgood japanese maple tree. It will be planted in the front yard on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to seeing it here, and plan to have a garden stone monogrammed for the base of the tree.

Anyway, that is the update on us. I hope this finds you all well and that you're enjoying the pictures of Beckett - I'm trying to keep the blog updated despite her having a sinus infection/ear infection and me getting attacked by a tummy bug this week - OY. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment