Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Rough Day With Becks

Not her smiley self :(
During my workout yesterday they called me over the intercom at the gym, "Mrs. Kelly Martin to the child center." I had dropped Beckett off just 45 minutes ago, and never leave her for longer than an hour. Figured she must have a dirty diaper and ran down - nope, she was hysterically crying - huge tears, even though she was being held. I walked in and they handed her to me and she stopped crying immediately.... They were apologetic, said Beckett had done great the first 35 minutes, then when they did a shift change she got very upset to where they felt I would want to know. I was of course glad they called and we talked about it being the teething, the coming off the Benadryl, or just the toddler separation anxiety that I have feared would surface. We left the gym and she was fine the rest of the day so long as we stayed very close together. 

That night we put her down as usual at 7:15ish and she was fine...until 8:30 when she started crying out, standing up, and then wailing. Austin took this one - she was crying so hard she couldn't catch her breath - he soothed her for a while and she calmed down and fell asleep in his arms, then in the crib. Poor girl! Thinking it was overtired/off Benadryl - she didn't seem to be in pain so we didn't do ibuprofen or anything. Today was a little rough, too - definitely now thinking it's separation anxiety and from what I am hearing/reading it's normal and healthy... Just challenging. Here is a pic I snagged of the monitor while anxiously seeing if Beckett would settle. We are going to continue monitoring her closely -  looking forward to a good day tomorrow - even if it's a rough one I'm glad I can be with her!
that is a little moon from her monitor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment