We headed over to Von Maur as I knew I wanted her to have Minnetonkas. They didn't have her size in those or the uggs, but the Perimeter location did. We went to Stride Rite and thought about going to Perimeter. Stride Rite had an adorable boot and Beckett had so much fun playing with all the shoes - definitely her happy place. We got the boots then headed down to Perimeter - pretty day for a drive anyway. We tried on the Minnetonkas in her size and they just didn't fit right - boo. So we went to Gap and ran a few other errands ultimately finding her tights at Old Navy - awesome with little fox faces. At this point I had cried randomly about 5 times. Not too bad? I just kept thinking about him. And thinking about the nurses telling me he wasn't with us anymore. And thinking about how I didn't feel pregnant anymore but when I saw myself I looked pregnant.
We got home to thoughtful deliveries. Ashely Cerny had left a thoughtful bag filled with muffins, a Halloween activity for Beckett and M&Ms - so sweet. The Johnsons, van Reenens and Fenecks sent over an amazing edible arrangement with our favorite fruits. The Mittelbronns sent over a beautiful fruit basket which included an entire pineapple - yummy. The Blancos, Tuerks and Brown's had Harry & David sent over - meats, cheese, pears, sweets and more - so many goodies. These surprise supportive gifts were just what we needed to get through the afternoon. Beckett gleefully helped us unpack everything and then we had a yummy Greek lunch thanks to the Turmans. Beckett went down for a long nap and then at 3;30 p.m. it was off to the pumpkin patch.
Admittedly, I didn't feel well. Think I may have pushed myself too hard - felt tired, lightheaded, crampy, etc., but I really wanted to go do one of my favorite things - take pictures of my beautiful girl. So we went and we did just that, getting amazing photos, including this one.
After the patch we headed straight home for dinner, bathtime and bedtime. I think I fell asleep at 9? I was just so, so tired and ready for another day to start hoping I felt better the next day. All in all, I think we did a great job staying positive for B and I think she loved the pumpkin patch, especially the haybale set up and the hayride. She is such a special girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment