Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beckett Gets Sad When People Leave

Last Friday Sharon and baby Peyton came to visit. We had a great time, although we had a Mommy Fail and Beckett Fail.

Mommy Fail: for the first time EVER I didn't put a diaper on her. Seriously. I went in at 3 p.m. after her nap and was changing her diaper/clothes and Sharon got here and I didn't put a new diaper on - just skipped that step and put on clothes! So needless to say, later at 4 p.m. when she was in her high chair she was being weird/cranky. I went to change her diaper and realized she was wet and wasn't wearing a diaper - eek! I apologized to her  profusely - she was humiliated! :( j/k kinda....

Then we had Beckett Fail: she fell. She doesn't fall anymore and has been getting more and more bold. She was pulling up on a chair and slipped on her pants and fell down. She was so upset and I of course felt awful but I know these things will happen even when I'm on her.  I hate it though but I know she won't learn if I don't let her try but ugh! Parenting is hard. :(

So ANYWAY, after Mommy fail and Beckett fail we still had a good visit and when Sharon & Peyton went to leave Beckett was sad and didn't want them to go - she kept going over to visit when Sharon was packing up Peyton - ADORABLE! She is getting more interested in newborns -she showed significantly more interest in Peyton this visit then in last visits - she was fascinated and kept trying to rock her car seat and bouncer. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dying over the mommy fail - lol lol lol! Crazy that there are things we've done HUNDREDS of times but then you can just totally space sometimes! OMG, I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete