Thursday, December 5, 2013

Week 42: 7 Days of Beckett

Day 288 (11/23); Beckett and her Dad! AKA my caretakers as I was crazy sick with a stomach bug - ugh!
Day 289 (11/24); Beckett and her Gigi - my mom came up and spent hours helping me take care of Beckett and taking care of me- making me lunch and tea - I appreciate her so much!
Day 290 (11/25); Back to me and Becks 1:1 - we stayed home and I continued to recover as I felt so weak still!
Day 291 (11/26); Day 2 of 'mommy and me stuck at home in our PJs recovering' day - the cabin fever didn't set in until later that evening!
Day 292 (11/27); Becks and Dad test driving riding toys at Buy Buy Baby; I think she liked this one! We left with a walker though - gotta walk before you can appreciate riding! LOL
Day 293 (11/28); The family on Thanksgiving - long, wonderful day and Beckett got to see so much of her family - lucky lady!
Day 294 (11/29); Beckett was just one of the boys over Thanksgiving, having so much fun playing with her Poppa Paul and Uncles and watching football!
This was another special week. While I hated to be sick, I really appreciated my family helping out so much, and Beckett getting so much more time than normal with Austin (who had to take the day off work on Friday) and my mom (who spent her Sunday with me since Austin needed to go in the office to play catch up). I also enjoyed being still with Beckett Monday and Tuesday. We're usually running around, going to the gym, going on playdates - but we wiped the calendar and did nothing but take it easy, play, read books, stay in our jams - it was fun and a good reminder to slow down a little more, especially when I'm not 100%. I am still feeling so grateful that neither Beckett or Austin got sick - I don't wish that bug on anyone! So glad I was feeling better by Wednesday to prep for Thanksgiving, and then have a wonderful break with time with my mom and the Porters and in Birmingham with the Martins. Great week and wonderful first Thanksgiving for our little Beckett!

Likes:

  • her new tunnel (and Dane's tunnel!)
  • her learning walker - especially the phone and shapes on cords
  • paper - she tries very hard to rip up magazines and eat them... sigh
  • sitting in her chair reading books, especially activity books with textures and/or flaps
  • playing with Poppa Paul - he played monster in her tunnel which she really seemed to enjoy!
  • turkey & green beans
  • sitting at the table like a big girl!
  • sophie is a major favorite, as is her puzzle, links and activity table is still a top 10 toy!
  • making noises and 'talking' A LOT
Dislikes
  • having things taken away from her, especially things being forcibly removed from her mouth (sigh - we play dentist like once a day - she is not a good patient)
  • being separated from mommy - she definitely is starting to show some anxiety
  • teething - new teeth are still giving her some pain - poor thing!

Her Week in a Nutshell:
  • Saturday: Day with Daddy while Mom continued to be quarantined...
  • Sunday: Austin went into the office and Beckett's Gigi came to visit and take care of us!
  • Monday: Beckett and Mommy day at home relaxing and playing! (we did make it to Walgreen's for gingerale and to pick up some photos!)
  • Tuesday: Another Beckett and Mommy day!
  • Wednesday: Morning visit from Mom & Devon who decorated a beautiful tree for Zach's upcoming Santa shoot at our house and got lots of 1:1 time with Beckett; Austin got off work and we ran family errands, including taking Remy to the vet to have a cut looked at, Total Wine & More, Michael's and Buy Buy Baby; baked cupcakes; made chicken salad and cauliflower mash for Thanksgiving; delivered cupcakes to friends; packed the family for a 4-day visit to Alabama - BUSY day!
  • Thursday: Thanksgiving Day! Morning with the Porters and evening with the Martins - day of fun for Beckett including playing with Dane and his tunnel and toys and eating turkey, sweet potatoes & green beans at the dinner table
  • Friday: Full day in Birmingham with family relaxing at the Martins and having Mimi's friends Vicki, Julie and Jewel visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment