Saturday, December 14, 2013

Her First Flight

No, not on an airplane, although that is coming up quick! This is her first flight up our stairs. Yes. I realize it sounds crazy, but I have been looking into how to deal with stairs with kids and a lot say not to gate them off, make them off limits, etc. as this makes them either want to go there more or it scares them. Instead, you can teach them how to safely go down them (on their tummies with intensely close supervision) and up them. Once baby is crawling and pulling up, it's time, so I have been working with her on going down. On Thursday, Austin asked if she was ready to go up. I said sure, try it. Well Beckett went all the way up, from bottom to top, the first time! She loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment